Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Around Here

Around here.....

We're happy to be mid-way through what started out as a hard week, with the three of us tired and out-of-sorts.  It's not just us; it seems like everyone I talk to says they aren't sleeping well, or are overly anxious, or fighting off a headache.  Not sure what that's all about, but I'm glad things seem to be lifting as the week progresses.

I'm making time to read every day.  Currently I'm captured by another good book, about what happens when cancer is wiped out, the percentage of the population that is "old" increases, and the younger generation grows resentful at having to shoulder the astronomical national debt.  And if that wasn't bad enough, "the big one" hits Los Angeles.  Yes, it is written by the same Albert Brooks we know better as a comedian, but, no, it's not particularly funny.


Paul's flute playing is more and more fun to listen to as he enters his third year of playing.  This year he has the best teacher ever, the fabulous Mrs. D.  We convinced her to add Paul to her busy teaching load by promising her home-cooked dinners after each lesson!


Ben is learning about his new camera by taking lots of pictures.  I frequently find myself the subject, even when I'm not "camera worthy."  Here I am with Spikey before I took my morning shower!  I think this one was to try out a new lens.


We all realize that fall is definitely here.  It's dark now at 7:00 p.m. and the stores are filled with pumpkins and other Halloween decorations.  We're not buying any until October 1, but I couldn't say "no" to some bright chrysanthemums.


And I'm counting down the days--four!--- until the second season of Homeland start on Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!