Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Happy, Happy

We are so happy to be going to Colorado tomorrow, even if it means packing three huge duffels full of sheets, pillows, and comforters and filling two bags with charging cords of several varieties (Kindle, Nook, 30-pin and lightening Apple chargers, HDMI cable, car chargers) in addition to just plain packing.  Doesn't packing seem more complicated in this modern age? We may never get to bed tonight, but we can sleep on the four-hour plane ride, right?  


I was happy today accompanying thirteen beautiful and talented young girls in the school's Clarinet Choir to four nursing homes where they performed a nice mix of Christmas songs, swing music, and movie theme songs.  Ah, to be so young again.  Actually, I don't think I could stand it, but I did enjoy being around such youthful energy all day.



And I'm in love with my early Christmas present, a wireless Jawbone Jambox, which Ben brought home to me the other day.  I confess that I was slow to warm to it; just what did this streamlined little box actually do?  But once I figured it out, it was love, love, love.   You can easily carry it around the house and even take it in the car with you where it will beautifully play all your tunes off your phone.   You can read more about it here.   Right now we are listening to it play Christmas tunes off of iTunes radio.  Bliss. 


But no one beats Paul for being happy tonight because at long last he has received his first cell phone, the last child in America to get one, I'm sure.  It's an early Christmas present since we don't yet have Wifi in our Boulder house.  He was convinced we'd never get him one, but now has learned to "never say never."  As I type he is busy chatting it up with Siri, which is cute to listen to.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!