Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A Cute Little Crab

After the busy days of last week it's good to have some time to regroup, get organized, tackle my long "to do" list and also have some fun.   

Yesterday I dug out my studio and spent some time working on a little piece of art for my Maryland friend Lee Anna.  While thinking of Lee Anna I realized that I never posted photos of the wonderful birthday present she made me... a hand stitched cute little Maryland crab.   



I love his black eyes, the red beads on his shell, and the seagrass he's hiding in.

He's not only cute but he's the cover of a needle holder,  a handy little book of felt pages perfect for storing your hand and machine sewing needles.  You can hand write a label on each page with the type of needle you're storing on it, but I'm not sure yet if I'll do that.


The edges are beaded, can you see them?


It's a lovely gift.  Thank you, Lee Anna!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!